Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Shack

"The Shack" is easily one of my favorite movies of the year and even of all time. I read the book over the summer and anxiously anticipated seeing the movie once it came out. My family saw it almost immediately, and I cried like a baby throughout the entirety of the film. What really got me emotional was the fantastic imagery, color, and serendipity. The colors popped, the water fall rushed so loudly it made your whole body shake, and the transformation of the shack from a dirty, depressing landmark to something so beautifully magical completely took over my sense of emotion.

This film, in a nutshell, shows the question of "If God is all good, why do bad things happen?". This is a queation I often juggle with, and it really helped my mental health to see the movie bring this question to life and answer it in such a powerful way. We watch as the father deals with the abduction and murder of his youngest daughter, and his journey to the very location she is killed. This is where is goes to meet "Papa", otherwise known as God, to hash out him emotions and frustration. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit then take him on a journey of healing and understanding of why bad things happen to good people. Overall, I found this film to be such an eyeopener to trusting in faith and understanding that everything happens for a reason. We as humans have trouble understanding why we must deal with heartbreak, but realize that God has our best judgement in mind, and only does things to help us in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment