Thursday, April 20, 2017

Caitlin Murphy- Celeberties and their Religious Beliefs

Celeberties and their Religious Beliefs

Now that I have researched some mainstream movies with religious undertones, I wanted to learn more about celebrities that have strong religious beliefs that may not speak about it often. Kanye West, someone who speaks more often about his faith compared to others, is a Christian that speaks of his faith quite often in his songs. West has said that he feels as if he should always speak his mind because of his religious beliefs,and wants to raise his family with strong Christian values. I would be interested to see the Kardashian/West speak more openly about their religious beliefs in the future. 

Ice Cube, a rapper and actor, is a Muslim that said "I mean, what I call myself is a natural Muslim, cause it's just me and God". This quote interested me. Does he mean he is a natural Muslim because he only focuses on himself and God in life? I do not know much about the Muslim religion, but I assume they focus on serving others than just themselves. 

Mark Wahlberg (my celeb crush) said something very powerful in an interview with Paradise Magazine saying that his faith is an important part of his life. He does not try to push it on any one but he also doesn't try to keep it a secret. This thought process could be used in any scenario, religious or not. It is so important to stay true to your beliefs, but not pressure others to feel the same as you. I think more people should listen to Mark Wahlberg, he rocks. 

Barksdale, Aaron. "25 Celebrities Get Real About Their Spirituality." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 08 Sept. 2015. Web. 20 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment