Friday, April 28, 2017

The Shack Reflection

     As opposed to many Christians' opinion to this movie, I found the movie to be a good allegory.  The main issue many people take is that they put the stake scars through God and the Holy Spirit's wrists but the point of the cross is that God did not suffer and only Christ did, which I find to be a valid rebuke of the film.  I think that the representative of Jesus of Nazareth was the most intriguing in that they really drove home the person of Christ who is very kind, gentle, and gracious.  My rebuke to that is that there is more to the person of Jesus than that and wish that I could've seen a little bit more than just him being a kind, relaxed, carpenter.

What about you, is there anything form the trinitarian imagery you would have liked to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment