Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Daniel Haskett - It's Morphing Time

Power Rangers was a childhood fantasy and favorite. Waking up on Saturday to watch five versions of Power Rangers brought me mounds of joy. It wasn't just the battle between good and evil that kept me hooked for so long; it was also the humor that kept me intrigued. The newest rendition of the Power Rangers that came out last month did justice to the name.

When I was young my parents always spoke of the armor of God. "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms" (Ephesians 6:10-12). It's ironic that the name of the original power rangers was the The Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. Were they putting on the armor of God the time? There are many symbols of Christianity in the series, but I believe that this is one that would be worth the research and emphasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment