Friday, April 28, 2017

Daniel Haskett - Freedom

The Gospel of Jesus Christ gives strength to the weak and freedom to the oppressed. All through college I was a Younglife leader at a local high school. When I first started I was terrified to go to the school and hang out with kids. Why was it so weird for me to walk into a building of high schoolers? I had been to high school myself and had a great time. Proclaiming the Gospel to a group of people that didn't really care terrified me. I wasn't until I realized that there was freedom in the gospel that I was comfortable in walking into the school. I realized that God was going before and going after me to further the kingdom. It wasn't me at all. The Lord does the work if we spread the word and love people as we should.

No comments:

Post a Comment