Sunday, April 23, 2017

Caitlin Murphy- Sequels

Sequels 

Sequels have a bad wrap for being the worse version of the original film. While this is true in some cases, I personally have enjoyed some sequels more than the original. 

First sequel I enjoyed more than the original was Cheaper by the Dozen 2. The original was fine, but the sequel was much better in my opinion. I enjoyed the summer vacation setting they were in. I liked how the kids were all a little older so they had more in depth dialogue, and I preferred the family vs family conflict. 

The second preferred sequel is the entire Harry Potter Series. This is an obvious one, because the plots began to thicken and get more detailed, making them more and more interesting. I love going back and watching The Sorcerer's Stone because it brings me so much nostalgia, but there is really no argument against the fact that the movies to come were much better. Side note: does this argument even count because I am talking about a series rather than the sequel? Oh well. 

Another movie I liked better, which may upset some people, was Finding Dory compared to Finding Nemo. Bottom line is I like Dory more than Nemo, this this movie was a no brainer to me. 

I'd like to finish out by saying one sequel I hated compared to the original; Smurfs 2. Of course even the original movie that came out in theaters a few years ago is not the real original. None of the movies can beat the original tv show. But I saw the second Smurfs movie last night and it was not great. The pictures, animation, and effects were spot on, but the plot was just stagnant. I was bored the entire time. 

Do you have any sequels that you prefer to the original film? 


No comments:

Post a Comment