Thursday, April 27, 2017

Light and Darko

The representation of the rabbit in the film Donnie Darko was not unlike the bad side to the conscious that everyone has. Donnie struggles to see what is right and wrong because he has such a strong voice telling him to do bad deeds. I believe that people need to understand the power of free will instead of allowing others to influence their actions. Watching Donnie Darko helped me to see that being a good person is as simple as listening to the voice within me telling me to do good. In my eyes, it is easier to act in a positive manner than a negative manner, so it is fulfilling living in a positive way. The therapy sessions in this film reminded me of the drawer scenes from The Jacket as well as personal experiences I have had sharing my feelings with my close friends. I have reached a better understanding of myself as well as the others around me through lessons learned through a modern film.

No comments:

Post a Comment